Friday, February 19, 2010

Should my historian friends read this...

...don't.

I admit that phrases like "modernity" and "gendered discourse" floated into my head as I began this, but they flittered right on back out again. While I'm sure I could attempt a discourse on identity and the domestic sphere and whatnot, this is not the place for it.

In fact, IT TURNS OUT THAT [inside joke], I'm not much of a (wanna be) historian anymore and long ago gave up any attempt at an academic life. I'm sure someone out there is earnestly blogging about the notion of work and how identity informs their/our narrative, and feminism and domestic roles, and maybe the media.

My current notion of work is that I have a lot of it, paid and unpaid, cerebral and mundane. Which, I suppose, does play into my definition of modern housewifery.

No comments:

Post a Comment