I like to cook and have a few biases I’ve noticed while doing it. Before I write about my pot-roast-for-Katherine and our favorite split pea soup, I thought I’d share my kitchen quibbles:
- Bacon really makes anything taste better.
- Ditto for pastry dough.
- Vegetables are awesome, but ham tends to make it into my vegetarian entrée recipes.
- I cannot fathom making savory foods without garlic, onions or both as part of the dish.
- Spicy foods aren’t my thing, but I like well-seasoned food.
- I tend to reject any recipe calling for a can of condensed soup as an ingredient.
- Actually, I’m not a fan of canned anything other than beans, tomatoes, and the occasional simmer sauce.
- While not completely opposed to convenience foods in cooking, I tend to think, “how can I make this myself?”